Promotions/Marketing

Talk about anything HOST related.

Moderator: dfurney

Promotions/Marketing

Postby drycarpetguy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:36 pm

I would like to offer to my customers, a free HOST Shaker Pack with a cleaning of a minimum total cost. My intentions are to educate my customers on the great product we utilize and its effectiveness on stains as they happen. I am also hoping to hook my customers into using this product with the hopes of selling the Shaker Pack product to them when they are need of more Sponges.

I intended to buy the Shaker Packs and then resell them for profit. Is there a suggested retail price, my research shows all over the board.

And as a PCA member, is this something I am ok to do?

Thanks,

Joel
The Dry Carpet Guy
drycarpetguy

Re: Promotions/Marketing

Postby Geoff » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Yes Joel, you can do that. Sorry for the late reply.

Geoff
Geoff
Site Admin

Postby resta » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:04 am

It is a very good idea, I'll try it too. Also, I've done something different . I get most of my business thru referrals, word of mouth from existing customers, so after each job I send out a thank you card. Basically I took the idea from the Host tent card and put it on a std postcard. On the front I printed the words "Thank You " and the text "If you liked our service tell a friend and if not tell us". In the back of the card I listed the services I provide (just like the tent card). For almost every card I mailed so far, I got at least 1 referral. The cost is really inexpensive and the return is much better than any other direct mailing.

Thanks, Steve
resta

Postby dryandclean » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Hi Joel,
I do pretty much the same as steve, only i send "thank you" letters that list other services i do, Also when i get a referral i send the referer a £10 voucher with a note saying: 'Thank you for recommending us' etc etc...

I like the shaker idea tho!
dryandclean

Postby drycarpetguy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:54 am

Hey guys!

I hope business is good for all of you.

Shaker packs are going well but only if I sell them to them. I have also have a testimonial on using the HOST sponges to clean a spot (beyond Martha Stewart that is very cool.

'Thank you' cards to customers is pretty standard and I do that as well.

To take the referal piece just a little further and to get people excited about telling their family and friends about my business. I do this:
If Michael referred Bobby to me to clean carpets. I send an email or postcard to Michael and thank him for the referral. I also credit his account in my bookkeeping for a $10 credit on future cleaning or services. He can accumulate as many of these as he can get ...perhaps Michael will earn a free cleaning if he refers enough clients to me.
Bobby gets a great job done on his carpets and I let him know that Michael gets a $10 credit for future services and that allows me to explain to him how it works.

I do all of my business strictly by referral and those who find me on the internet. I do not do direct mail or place coupons in any publications.

Good luck guys and thanks for the posts on here...I think this is a great tool and I look forward to keeping it going.

Joel
The Dry Carpet Guy
drycarpetguy

Postby khushfehmi045 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:01 am

Also, I've done something different . I get most of my business thru referrals, word of mouth from existing customers, so after each job I send out a thank you card. Basically I took the idea from the Host tent card and put it on a std postcard. On the front I printed the words "Thank You " and the text "If you liked our service tell a friend and if not tell us".
GuL
khushfehmi045

Return to General Discussion